In keeping with our vision and mission, in December 2010 Clinical Research Units(CRU) have been commissioned at our centres in Salem, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin and Mangalore, Mysore and Hyderabad. The units will serve to collect, maintain and analyse the large volume of data generated, with the aim of designing prospective clinical research of importance to the society. Our units offer investigators the support they need to conduct clinical research - specially trained nurses, technical and support staff, and procedural and laboratory services. CRU staff are trained to carry out research protocols with an emphasis on patient safety and research quality.
Vasan Eye Care has over 40 ophthalmologists in seven centres across South India who have expressed their willingness to participate and recruit patients for clinical research. Lotus Clinical Research Academy (LCRA) has partnered with us in setting up the clinical research units. LCRA has undertaken the activities of training the investigators, clinical research coordinators, development and finalization of the SOPs and infrastructural requirements for clinical research conduct.
Infrastructure & Capabilites
- A large patient pool of an average patient load of 300-450 patients per day at each of our centers mentioned above.
- Good Clinical Practice(GCP) trained investigators and coordinators at all the sites who work in a coordinated manner to provide the best possible outcome with rapid turnaround time for recruitment.
- An independent Central Ethics Committee constituted as per ICH GCP and Schedule Y guidelines
- Exclusive space for storage of IPs, clinical trial documents, biological samples
- Well documented and stringent SOPs to govern all clinical research activities
- All investigator centres equipped with communication facilities like internet access, fax, computers & power backups
- Electronic Data Capture capability
- Basic laboratory facilities necessary for conduct of clinical research
- All therapeutic services provided are on day care basis
- Conduct device and drug trials (phase I-IV) in compliance with protocol, SOPs & regulatory guidelines
We look forward to working with you to help your organisation achieve its goals. For further information, please contact
Regional Medical Director and VP - Clinical Research,
Door.no.60/1 - 60/8, Advaida Ashram Road,
Opp. New Bus Stand, Salem - 636 004.
Phone: 0427 – 3989050.